Teen Girl Shot By A Man For Rejecting His Love Advances

teen girl shot by her toasters

17-year-old girl shot by a gun man for saying “No” to his love gestures.

Ad Tegbe f'OyoSouth
Ad Tegbe f’OyoSouth

According to the prosecution, the guy accused of shooting and murdering a popular adolescent at a home party in Brooklyn did so because a teen girl turned down his approaches and called him names.

At the Oct. 10 meeting inside an empty apartment, Javone Duncan, 22, tried to woo Raelynn Cameron, 17, but the latter was uninterested, according to Assistant D.A. David Ingle at the Duncan’s Brooklyn Criminal Court arraignment.

Ingle stated, “(Raelynn) instructed the defendant to suck her d—k.” 

“(Duncan) raised a pistol and fired one round into the victim’s chest.”

Cassandra Adams, the victim’s mother, said that Duncan made advances toward her daughter prior to the party and that when she rejected him, he smacked her in the face.

She told the New York Daily News on Thursday, October 27, “He spotted my daughter and she said, ‘I told you I don’t like you,’ and he hit her for sticking up for herself.”

She said, “That happens frequently when these gals don’t want to bother with a garbage sort of person.”

Javone should be kept underground since he is an animal, the woman said. 

I wish the death penalty had been reintroduced in New York.

According to Ingle, Duncan has a history of gun charges, including two in 2020 when police discovered him in possession of a pistol during a traffic check.

Duncan claimed he didn’t shoot the teen after being arrested. 

Instead, the ADA said, he asserted “that he saw his friend shoot the victim and that he did not do it.”

Cameron and Duncan were alluded to by Ingle as “acquaintances.” 

According to a criminal complaint, Cameron’s heart and lung were struck by the gunshot.

Duncan was ordered to be jailed without bond by Judge Simion Haniff.

“There’s no denying it. 

You are accused of second-degree murder. 

You’re seeing things from a later perspective, the judge replied. 

As a result of your suspected involvement in the death of a young woman, “Mr. Duncan,” I will be remanding you.

On Wednesday, October 26, as he was being brought from the 75th Precinct stationhouse, Duncan declared his innocence.

According to Cameron’s family, her cousin encouraged her to attend the party while she was a resident in Far Rockaway, Queens.

The cherished high school graduate arrived in her pyjamas to discover a bunch of young people who all knew each other. She was just 10 days away from being 18 years old.

Adams said that Cameron’s cousin left the gathering and locked her in a room with Duncan. 

Cameron contacted a relative to ask for assistance, but before anybody could help her, her relatives claimed, she was shot.

Cameron’s body was dragged into an elevator and dumped in the lobby. Police sources said she told first responders she was shot accidentally and refused to name her attacker before she died.

Her mother, however, thinks that by the time she was abandoned in the lobby, she had passed away.

He did not accidentally shoot my kid. 

He fired a cold-blooded shot at her out of rage that she had rejected his advances.

Adams surmised that Duncan and her daughter were intentionally placed in the same room.

“She demanded no apologies… 

“All she wanted was for him to leave her alone,” the upset mother said.

She said, “I’m so angry that my daughter can’t… a teenager can’t tell a guy no, and the person simply leaves them alone.”


Nigerian Analytic Journalist, Tech Enthusiast, Food Business Owner, Learner, Giver, Teacher


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment